If Mr Darcy is your pin-up and you love a bit of old school romance, why not have a Regency wedding theme? The Regency era, which lasted from the French Revolution in 1789 to around 1832, is inextricably linked to romance. All of Jane Austen’s finished novels were published during this period and the great romantic poets Byron, Shelley and Keats were at the height of their powers.
A country mansion or London town house would be ideal for this type of wedding. We’ve chosen Ardington House in Oxfordshire with its wonderful entrance hall, grand staircase, lake and gardens.
Empire line dresses for ladies and shirts, waistcoats and breeches for men were all the rage in the Regency period. Tea drinking had become popular by this time but was still expensive and a bit of a treat so celebrating your marriage with an afternoon tea wedding breakfast would be fitting for Regency theme.
1. Ivory Eliza Wedding Dress £750
2. Regency Style Cake Stand £32.95
3. Bowtie Flats £185.51
4. Royal Stafford Cloverbel Blue and Pink China Tea Set for six £125
5. Sweet Silhouettes Invitation £1.09 - £1.69 each
6. Antique Silver T-light Glass £2.95
7. Pink and white roses
8. Congratulations Cake Knife £30
9. Essential Eye Shadow Palette £46
10. Covent Garden Tailored Fit Linen Waistcoat Beige £99
11. Bridal Bow Pearl Drop Earrings £25
12. White ornate photo frame £10.00