One thing we love about Christmas, here at Country House Wedding Venues, are the endless possibilities there are to create something special – whether it be in our own homes or at a luxe Christmas wedding.
Festive weddings don’t have to go hand in hand with flashing lights, garish tinsel and life size singing Santas. Instead, the Yuletide season gives you the perfect excuse to host a chic and extra special celebration while all your guests are in high spirits.
We know that muddling your way through festive inspiration can be hard, so we thought we’d share some of our top Christmas wedding décor ideas with you – guaranteeing that magical, cosy and lavish winter affair you’ve always wished for.
Image © Studio Rouge
Why not take advantage of the ever-popular vintage trend and add your very own festive spin on it. With vintage style dresses and great Gatsby glamour attire widely available, it is so easy to look and dress the part. What’s more, the Christmas season and New Year celebrations also give your guests the perfect excuse to get out the glitz and look extra glam. Why not encourage them to embrace your theme by asking them to add a touch of vintage glamour to their outfits?
When it comes to your big-day décor, creating the look is easy; here are just a few of our favourite ideas:
- If your venue has a Christmas tree, dress it with gorgeous vintage ornaments in shades of gold, dusky pinks and beiges. It will make the perfect spot for those newlywed shots. You could even ask guests to take home a decoration as a wedding favour.
- To add some comfort and warmth to your room, why not hire some vintage style furniture – think upholstered cosy armchairs finished off with a lace throw. These will not only provide comfortable seating for guests to relax in, they’ll also be another hot spot for your big-day photos.
- Add a touch of gold to all your wedding elements. You could ask your cake maker to finish off one layer of your wedding cake with gold leaf, while your florist could spray some winter berries gold and add them to your bridal bouquet. A silk gold tablecloth also adds a wonderful finishing touch to the top table or cake table.
If you love the rustic, woodland theme you can bring it into the season by adding a touch of winter romance. We love this theme and think it works particularly well in our barn venues, such as Bassmead Manor Barns with its 300-year-old Rickety Barn.
The possibilities for your woodland wonderland décor are endless, but the following ideas will set the foundations for your desired wedding style:
- Fill your venue and the outdoor surroundings with candlelight or fairy lights to enchant your guests. Added brightness also has the benefit of subtlety illuminating the space during the time of the year when natural light isn’t at its best.
- Add rustic features such as gold or snow dusted branches and tree logs, you may want to incorporate these into your table centrepieces. This theme also looks great with fawn and deer décor - think Narnia.
- When it comes to your colour scheme, stick to browns and earthy colours with just a touch of gold dusted on desserts and decor to add that special touch. We personally love gold dusted macaroons – tasty and stylish!
If simple and elegant is your thing, you can’t go wrong with this classic theme. It works for almost any bride and within any venue as it gives you real freedom to add your own personal touch.
There are so many beautiful features you can include in your white winter wedding; here are a few of our favourites:
- Be inspired by white themed festive décor, such as snowflakes and stars infused with a touch of silver glimmer. For real wow-factor you could add a silver sequin or white ruffle tablecloth to the top table, or all the tables if you wish. A more subtle idea would be to decorate the tables with items including white and silver photo frames, candles and silver candelabras.
- Think about choosing a dress with extra special embellishments such as a silver belt. Silver and crystal details really do add a glamorous feel to your overall look.
- Create a delicious dessert bar full of white desserts including macaroons, white whipped cupcakes and white iced cookies. Present them in crystal glass jars for an elegant finish.
Why not discover the perfect wedding venue to accompany your seasonal décor and celebrations on our wedding venue finder.
See more winter wedding décor ideas on our Pinterest board.