Not every wedding cries out for a traditional white wedding cake, or a pretty design adorned with sugar flowers. A contemporary black and white wedding can be wonderfully chic, perfectly complementing crisp white table linens with black accents, black vases filled with lavish white blooms and guests in evening dresses and black tie. At this type of sophisticated celebration, a monochrome cake is a must.
1. A pretty twist on tradition. This lace-inspired design is perfect for an elegant, vintage celebration.
2. No-one says black and white can’t be pretty. Adorn an elegant white-tiered cake with delicate black sugar flowers for a traditional cake with a contemporary twist.
3. Aptly named ‘Enchanted Forest’, this cake oozes sophistication with its tiers of varying depths and stylish design. Perfect for a summer wedding, bringing the outside in, or for a magical winter celebration.
4. Mod stripes and bold accents come together for a striking, retro look. This is the cake for the couple who really want to make a statement!
5. For a real show-stopper, choose black as your background and adorn with metallic gold. This stunning design needs an equally impressive venue! Be sure to surround it with beautiful candlelight as the sun goes down.
6. This ‘City Chic’ cake may be small but it’s certainly got the ‘wow’ factor. The shimmering petals add a softer touch to the monochrome look. An effortlessly cool cake, perfect for an intimate city wedding.
7. Monochrome and stripes go hand in hand. This stunning cake adds detail in the form of a stylish flower, and needs very little else other than a beautiful cake stand and equally elegant table setting.
8. Mini cakes in black and white are wonderfully elegant and stylish. Offer each guest a cake for pudding, or wrap them up as favours to be enjoyed at home.
9. While oh-so-stylish, monochrome can also be fun! Never be afraid to add another colour. This elegant design is softened with the addition of stunning flowers – perfect for a city or country wedding this is truly a cake to suit all seasons.
10. Dramatic and drop-dead gorgeous – the touch of metallic adds a glamorous edge to this monochromatic cake. It’s simply perfect for the super-chic couple.
For more #Cakespiration head over to Pinterest.