India is one of the most colourful countries on the planet and we can’t help but get our creative (and travel) juices flowing when flicking through albums of lush green backwaters and entire cities swathed in blue.
Sit back and immerse yourself in India’s vibrant culture and then reach for your scrap book (p.s. These destinations also double-up as wonderfully romantic luxury honeymoon destinations too.)
1. Every Spring, Holi Festival of Colour celebrates the victory of good over evil.
2. The sinking fort of Jaisalmer typifies the mystery and romanticism of the great Indian desert.
3. Pink in colour and pink in vibrancy, the city of Jaipur is one of the most beautiful magnetic cities of India.
4. The Taj Mahal is gleaming white but the colours change throughout the day, blue in the morning at sunrise and pink in the evenings with the sunset.
5. Jodhpur, the famed Blue City, and home to the majestic Mehrangarh Fort.
6. Get off the beaten track and drift through the photogenic backwaters of Kerala.
7. In Darjeeling you can stay at Glenburn Tea Estate surrounded by green rolling tea plantations and spectacular views of the Himalayas.
8. Tyger! Tyger! burning bright… Nothing is more romantic than sharing your first sighting of a tiger in the wild.
9. Taj Lake Palace Hotel in Udaipur where the white marble palaces reflect in the lakes’ calm waters.