Quite simply, this is a wedding cake without its coat on, an un-iced delight generally adorned with fresh flowers or fruit. Today we take a look at 11 of our favourite naked cake designs for you to feast your eyes upon!
1. A true classic, with lashings of cream, summer fruits, fresh blooms and a generous dusting of icing sugar.
Image Courtesy of Ben Webb Design
2. Because we just can’t resist the beauty of a miniature naked wedding cake.
Image Courtesy of @lacedinweddings on Instagram
3. When the semi-naked cake takes on a woodland theme. We love the purity of the white and green.
Image Courtesy of Destiny Dawn Photography
4. Drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with blackberries? Yes please…
Image Courtesy of I Could Kill for Dessert
5. The naked cake can still accommodate the chocoholics amongst us. This has something of a highland theme.
Image Courtesy of Artemis Photography
6. For elegance and glamour, choose a semi-naked cake and opt for a gold base tier.
Image Courtesy of Cakes 2 Cupcakes
7. Sometimes, all you need is a delicate fresh floral arrangement. Oh so pretty.
Image Courtesy of Mallory Renee Photography
8. Want a naked cake with some intricate icing? Here’s how…
Image Courtesy of My Cake School
9. Stick to your colour scheme by partially icing in your chosen hue. We love this pink extravaganza.
Image Courtesy of the Cake Parlour
10. A naked base cake gives you the opportunity to add a riot of fabulous colour.
Image Courtesy of Maddocks Farm Organics
11. And finally… for pure country romance, this is the one.
Image Courtesy of BetterOffWedRustics on Etsy