There are your bog-standard save the date cards, and then there are these beauties! All of these 11 unique ideas will guarantee that your guests take notice and get that date in their diaries. So whether it's a stylish, quirky or environmentally friendly save the date idea that you're after, there's something here for you!
1. Celebrate a special place or the location of your wedding with these stunning cut-out save the date cards. They open up too so you can fill them with all that important, need-to-know info.
Image courtesy of August Blume
2. Keep your date ‘fresh' in your guests' minds with these cute little tins of mints. Just look how adorable they are!
Image courtesy of Beau Coup
3. These amazing cards have that delightful homemade look, but without any of the hard work. We think the calligraphy and the string look great together!
Image courtesy of Smitten on Paper
4. Declare your love for music as well as each other with these vinyl-inspired save the date cards. They're perfect for those planning on dancing the night away at their wedding.
Image courtesy of Etsy
5. Ditch the corners and opt for these quirky round cards instead because, hey, that's just how you roll. (Sorry, we couldn't resist that pun.)
Image courtesy of Ever Mine
6. In this age of technology do you really need to send a physical save the date card? Greenvelope doesn't think so and has some amazing electronic save the date designs to choose from, like this beautiful and totally customisable floral example.
Image courtesy of Greenvelope
7. Weddings are a great reason for a party, and parties mean balloons! This save the date balloon is the perfect way to announce your date and set the tone for a fun-filled wedding day.
Image courtesy of Hello May
8. For the sci-fi fans or retro inspired couples amongst us, these quirky save the date cards need a pair of old school decoder glasses to be read. Perfect, as long as your guests can decipher the secret message!
Image courtesy of Weddings Illustrated
9. Why not take the humorous route with your cards and poke a bit of fun at yourselves in the process? These mathematical-themed save the dates are a great idea.
Image courtesy of Natalia Grosner
10. Shed some light on your wedding date with these wonderful matchbox save the dates! They look great and will definitely strike a chord with your guests.
Image courtesy of Samantha James Photo
11. Fancy really standing out from the crowd? Try starring in your own personal video save the date or wedding invitation. Your Video Invite specialise in creating a video story of how you came to be a couple and announce in style when you intend to tie the knot. Take a look how amazing they are!
Video courtesy of Your Video Invite