Overwhelmed with the wedding planning process? The run-up to your special day needn’t be a stress. Plan like a pro with our guide on what to organise and when…
You’ve just got engaged and are currently floating on air, but the next steps on your incredible journey include planning your wedding. This can seem daunting at first but happily, we‘re here to help you along the way. By completing tasks in a sensible order, as suggested in below, and tackling one thing at a time, planning your wedding will be a breeze…
First things first…
As soon as you begin planning your wedding it’s a good idea to get the following organised – the earlier the better!
- Decide on a wedding budget and savings plan and shape all your future decisions on the budget you have available. It’s also a good idea to have a rough number of guests in mind at this point
- Take out wedding insurance
- Search for and book your perfect venue
- If you’re getting married in church, begin making arrangements with your local minister
- Decide on a date for your wedding
- Book the wedding photographer – the best can get booked up well over 12 months in advance
- If not included in your venue, secure a caterer for your chosen date
Image courtesy of www.wedding-venues.co.uk
12 months before…
With your wedding just 12 months away, you’ve got the perfect excuse to share your excitement. Get all your besties in on the planning and begin the more fun aspects of planning your big day.
- Select your bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Start thinking about your wedding theme and décor
- Begin looking for your wedding dress
Image courtesy of www.glamour.com
Nine months before…
With just nine months to go, you’ll be sorting all the finer elements of your wedding and selecting your suppliers. This will most likely be the busiest part of the planning process.
- Begin booking all your other suppliers, including musicians, band and/or DJ for the wedding reception, wedding transport, florist, wedding cake maker
- Start thinking about your wedding menu – your caterers should also offer a free food tasting event around this time
- Book an overnight stay in a hotel room/honeymoon suite if you’re not staying at the venue
- Send out save the date cards – don’t forget to include local accommodation information with the save the date cards to ensure there’s no last minute panic about where guests are going to stay
Image courtesy of www.english-wedding.com
Six months before…
With the hard work all done, you can sit back and begin dreaming of your honeymoon destination.
- Book your honeymoon
- Choose your wedding attire for the rest of the party
- Pick your rings
- Book a hair and make-up trial
Image courtesy of www.weddingpartyapp.com
Image courtesy of www.laurenconrad.com
Three months before…
Three months before the big day you’ll want to sort out all those little extras, like wedding music and favours. The official invites can also be posted.
- Send out wedding invitations, with a wedding gift list enclosed, and get your order of service booklets sorted
- Order wedding favours and gifts for your wedding party
- Decide upon your chosen wedding music or hymns
- Discuss the seating plan with the caterer and venue
- Plan your hen and stag party
Image courtesy of www.onefabday.com
One month before…
By this time you’ll be a wedding planning pro. Enjoy the final few steps and try not to get stressed.
- Arrange for a final fitting of your wedding dress
- Reconfirm the wedding arrangements with the reception venue and suppliers. It’s also a good idea to come up with a timeline of your day, together with your venue coordinators
- Sort the final details such as table names, décor, guest numbers and speeches
Image courtesy of www.karasvineyardweddingshop.com
The last seven days…
Try and take some time off work to relax and enjoy the run-up to your wedding. There’s not that much left to do now!
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Reconfirm final guest numbers and amend seating plan if necessary
- Print off your supplier contact details to give to a trusty member of your bridal party, just in case
- Decorate the venue or drop off the final bits of décor for the venue to lay out for you
- Sort out all those last minute beauty needs
- Relax, eat well, and get lots of beauty sleep!
Image courtesy of www.bespoke-bride.com
Image courtesy of www.wantthatwedding.co.uk