Creative photo displays are a lovely way to personalise your day while offering an affordable way to enhance your big day décor. Best of all, you can tailor your display depending on the memories you want to share. You can choose to showcase old wedding photos that belong to family or photos of the two or you and family and friends. A wedding photo display is also ideal for remembering those who are no longer with you and honouring them on your big day.
1. Display photos of family members old and young with your very own rustic-inspired family tree. This idea is also great for remembering older members of the family that were unable to be part of your special day.
Image Courtesy of Green Autumn Photography
2. While we love the idea of displaying your family tree on a gorgeous tree outdoors, this may not always be practical. This fun, alternative photo booth backdrop is a lovely way to include your family in all those wedding photos.
Image Courtesy of Hobby Lobby
3. If you’re looking for an unusual way to display photos of the two of you from over the years, opt for a hanging display. We love this monochrome photo display hung above wedding breakfast tables combined with a pop of romantic red.
Image Courtesy of Emily Steffen Photography
4. Don’t forget that your wedding tables can be used for creative photo displays too. If you’re inspired by the rustic or vintage trend, combine wild blooms in jam jars with candles and mason jar photo displays for a DIY design that’s affordable and easy.
Image Courtesy of Tulle and Chantilly
5. Add a quirky touch to your wedding with a laugh-out-loud Polaroid table plan. This fun seat planner idea is a great icebreaker and a lovely way to include photos of family and friends.
Image Courtesy of Ryan Ray Photography
6. If you’re looking for a pretty way to display photos of the two of you, why not have a go at making your own DIY floral photo hoop? This boho-inspired photo display idea is a great prop for your professional wedding photos and something a little different to add to your day.
Image Courtesy of Ruth Eileen Photography
7. A shabby chic ladder offers a pretty prop for displaying photos of your family. Best of all, they’re widely available for hire too or cheap to prep and paint at home. Style with gorgeous florals, ribbons and petals for a display that’s truly beautiful.
Image Courtesy of Big Bouquet Photography
8. Share the story of your relationship with a cute and quirky display that’s super simple to create. For something a little more vintage in style, why not switch the table for a piece of vintage furniture?
Image Courtesy of June Bug Company
9. One of our favourite ways to display all those precious memories with family and friends is by creating your very own collage table runner. Although you won’t want to do this for your main wedding breakfast tables, it’s ideal for your card and guestbook table or another creative display.
Image Courtesy of Melanie Duerkopp Photography
10. Let your guests add to your big day décor with Polaroid snaps taken on the day. Simply set up a large photo frame with pegs and string and allow guests to add their comedy shots to it throughout the night.
Image Courtesy of Fab Mood
11. Create a classy display with a celebrity-inspired Wall of Fame. Fill a large frame with photos of the two of you and your guests – and don’t forget to include a few comedy photos from your younger years!
Image Courtesy of The Wedding Artists Collective
12. If you’re looking for a meaningful way to display photos of guests that couldn’t make your day, why not give them a space at your ceremony? Simply hang framed photographs at pew ends to ensure they remain part of your special day.
Image Courtesy of Pasha Belman Photography
13. This balloon-themed photo display is a must for a whimsical affair. Opt for classic ivory balloons or something with a little more colour and attach photos that highlight your favourite moments together.
Image Courtesy of Wedding Chicks
14. Give the classic wishing tree a twist and turn it into a memory tree instead. Ideal for rustic and woodland-inspired weddings, it’s a great way to display any sentimental images. Decorate with flowers, butterflies or anything else that’s complementary to the theme of the photos.
Image Courtesy of La Vie Photography
15. If you’re looking for a hanging display that’s more vintage in style, turn back time with family photos from another era. Style with vintage charms, pearls and alternative hanging lights for décor that will wow your wedding guests.
Image Courtesy of Tammy Swales Photography
If you’re looking for more ways to get creative and crafty with your decorations, then boy are you in luck! Check out all the tips for making those Stunning Handmade Wedding Table Decorations and give your wedding day an authentic personal touch.