It’s the moment in your relationship when everything changes so it needs to be brilliant. Working out where and how to propose can feel like an equally massive decision but, don’t worry. We’re here with the 17 of the very best proposal ideas around so we’ll just leave these here and you can take all the credit…
1. When you’re about to take the next step together, why not go back to your first date? Turn the clock back to the location of your first date, reminisce together about that moment and everything that’s happened since and then, when the moment’s right, pop the question.
2. Every couple has a place that’s special to them. It might be the spot where you first saw each other or the place where you first said ‘I love you’. Wherever this special place is, if you also make it the location for your proposal, you can be sure you’ll never forget it.
Image Courtesy of Jarndell Media
3. If you’ve got a list of all of those things that you’d like to do together, why not make one of them happen with the added excitement of a proposal too? On a hot air balloon ride, under the Northern Lights or beneath the Eiffel Tower – what could be more memorable?
4. If you want to prolong the moment, organising a treasure hunt is a fantastic idea, especially when the prize at the end is a romantic proposal. Set up a series of cool clues for your partner and set them off on a treasure hunt they’ll always remember.
Image Courtesy of Not on the High Street
5. Let’s be honest, seasonal proposals are always popular and with good reason. Everyone’s feeling the love at Christmas time and an engagement ring really does make the best Christmas present EVER! Wrap the ring in a series of boxes, hang it from your tree or simply gift it to your partner from one knee surrounded by candles and fairylights.
Image Courtesy of Maris Kirs Photography
6. Romantic dinners for two make for the perfect proposal moment. Choose a favourite restaurant or make a reservation somewhere special and make sure that the champagne is ready for you.
7. If you’ve got your very own fur baby, why not include them in the proposal? A dog wearing a super cute ‘will you marry my Daddy?’ tag or even a fabulous engagement ring just can’t be ignored. This is a great proposal idea for almost any location.
Image Courtesy of Christy Beal Photography
8. Couples who are a little more private might fall for a proposal at home. Go to town with decorations to set the scene (think candles, fairylights, flowers and foodie treats) and enjoy a proposal away from prying eyes.
9. We all love our friends and family so if you want them to be there to share in the engagement joy, a surprise party with a really HUGE surprise is definitely the way to go. Let a couple of friends in on the secret if you’d like some help with all the organisation.
10. Your proposal is a once-in-a-lifetime moment so it deserves to be captured. Why not organise a photoshoot in a super special spot and make sure that your photographer captures all the romance as it happens.
Image Courtesy of Kelsey Combe
11. If you love the great outdoors almost as much as you love good food and great company, a proposal picnic would be just fabulous. Pack all your favourite treats, find yourselves an epic location and give yourselves the time and space to enjoy the moment.
Image Courtesy of Kima James
12. Nature really does provide some of the best backdrops so why not find somewhere that’s just amazing? Beaches, waterfalls, cliffs, mountains, rivers and all the beautiful locations around really are just crying out to be used for your proposal!
Image Courtesy of Justine Russo
13. Escape to the city for a super chic proposal. Check into an hotel, explore the city together and either plan ahead or just go for it when the moment feels right. You’ll know what’s best for you so go for it.
Image Courtesy of Susan Shek
14. Shared hobbies and interests are really important in a relationship so why not build these into your proposal? Whether you love Harry Potter, music, rowing or Geocaching, a quick search online will give you loads of cool ideas for proposals that really will mean the most to you.
15. Now this is a bit of a creative one but it’s also beyond romantic. Create a little photobook or memory book sharing all those moments that you’ve shared together. However, the last page actually becomes the start of a whole new chapter with a proposal or romantic message that you can expand on in person.
Image Courtesy of Etsy
16. Sometimes, the most special things can come from the every day and unexpected things we take for granted. We absolutely love this ‘Marry Me’ mug, which would turn a morning cup of coffee in bed into something very special indeed.
Image Courtesy of The Love Mugs
17. Lastly, if you want something truly spectacular then it’s time to go big or go home! For a proposal with the wow factor, you’re going to need to plan something pretty spectacular. Fireworks, travel, taking over a venue or location and turning it into the most romantic place EVER – don’t be afraid to ask for help and think big. You both deserve it.
Image Courtesy of Kaoverii