We love sophisticated and elegant wedding colour schemes but we also adore colour. It’s so great to see more and more couples choosing colourful wedding themes and this is a trend we just can’t ignore. So, if you’d like to bring a little brightness to your big day, here are 27 times colourful wedding ideas made all the difference.
1. Bold balloons can really brighten up a darker or more sombre ceremony venue.
Image courtesy of We Heart Pictures
2. Colourful ribbon chairback are an easy wedding DIY and bring a touch of fun to your wedding.
Image courtesy of Mack Photography
3. Mixing coloured candles and bright flowers with plain candelabras is always a good idea!
Image courtesy of Rob Tarren Photography
4. Wedding signs are a really hot trend right now so make them unmissable with colourful lettering.
Image courtesy of Blue Daisy Photography
5. Hanging lanterns in a range of colours and sizes can make a venue with a high ceiling seem much more intimate.
Image courtesy of Jamie Bott
6. We love bright buttonholes in mix-and-match styles for the groom and groomsmen.
Image courtesy of Briar Rose Design
7. A bold bride just has to carry a colourful wedding bouquet full of clashing colours and finished with bright ribbons.
Image courtesy of Lorraine Clare Photography
8. Ribbons aren’t just great for decorating chairs and bouquets; they also make trees look fabulous too!
Image courtesy of Brides Magazine
9. Bring your naked cake to life with colourful fruits and flowers and create a mouthwatering centrepiece.
Image courtesy of Binky Nixon Photography
10. Upgrade your photobooth props with some brightly painted frames and let everyone have some fun.
Image courtesy of Lily & Frank Photography
11. Everyone loves treats to nibble on so why not make sure these are colourful too? Watermelon is a perfect treat for summer.
Image courtesy of Festival Brides
12. Fluffy pom poms look great when they’re made into colourful garlands.
Image courtesy of Get It Rapt
13. Mix up your wedding flowers and opt for a wide range of super bright blooms.
Image courtesy of Catherine Gratwicke
14. Thumbprint wedding guest books are one of our favourite wedding ideas. Use colourful inks to create a fantastic memento of your big day.
Image courtesy of Guestbook Envy
15. It’s great to have a bright backdrop for your ceremony or top table – just think about those all-important photos!
Image courtesy of Bespoke Bride
16. Give your guests a hint that you’re planning a colourful wedding with some bright invitations.
Imge courtesy of Hello May
17. Colourful wedding shoes are a modern day wedding must-have AND you can wear them again after the big day.
Image courtesy of Zara Zoo Photography
18. Wedding dresses don’t have to be white and we love seeing brides embracing colourful gowns.
Image courtesy of Taylor Ann Art
19. Grooms needn’t miss out either – bright socks are a fun and easy addition to their outfits.
Image courtesy Jordan Brittley Photography
20. Every wedding needs confetti and colourful confetti looks amazing in photos!
Image courtesy of Rock’n’Roll Bride
21. Bridesmaids in bright mix-and-match dresses will really bring your colourful wedding theme to life.
Image courtesy of Heather Kincaid Photography
22. Bring the colour to your tables! Napkins and glasses are the perfect finishing touch.
Image courtesy of Pinterest
23. Make sure your guests don’t miss the table plan – use lots of colour and create something really eye-catching.
Image courtesy of Something Turquoise
24. If the thought of a coloured wedding dress is a little too much, why not opt for a bright underskirt or lining instead?
Image courtesy of Struve Photography
25. Paint bottles or cans and use them as colourful containers for your wedding flowers.
Image courtesy of Bespoke Bride
26. Go for the glow! Glowsticks are a bright and brilliant alternative to a sparkler sendoff at the end of the evening.
Image courtesy of Erin L Taylor Photography
27. Set out lots of colourful flags to welcome guests to a wedding they’ll never forget.
Image courtesy of Tommy Reynolds
If you’ve fallen for colour too, don’t miss our guide to brilliantly bright wedding accessories.