Including fun wedding ideas throughout the occasion will definitely set the tone for a brilliant celebration. Here are some of our favourite ways to make everyone smile.
1. Personalised t-shirts for you and your bridesmaids to wear on the morning of the wedding are a great, fun touch. They make everyone feel part of the team and they look fab in photos!
Image courtesy of Gnarly Grail
2. Speech bingo will definitely make sure that all the guests listen up! Give everyone a card listing phrases to check off and reward the winner with a bottle of something sparkly.
Image courtesy of Nina Thomas Studio
3. For a fun alternative to traditional confetti, bubbles are fantastic. You can also get bubble mixture for weddings that won’t mark or stain your gown.
Image courtesy of My Wedding Favors
4. Move over dessert tables because it’s time for the doughnut wall! Prettily coloured doughnuts look and taste brilliant. Definitely one of our favourite fun wedding ideas.
Image courtesy of Troy Grover Photography
5. Tell everyone the rules of the dancefloor with a fun sign. Encourage dance-offs, dad dancing, lunges and more.
Image courtesy of Anon Design
6. Use baby photos for your table numbers. Add photos of you and your partner aged one on table one, aged two on table two and so on. Your guests will love the glimpse back to your childhood!
Image courtesy of Hyer Images
7. Keeping the kids entertained, especially during the drinks reception, can be tricky. Why not set them up a treasure hunt? Make the clues as tough as you like and don’t forget the prizes at the end.
Image courtesy of Nina Thomas Studio
8. Glow sticks are the new sparklers when it comes to cool send-offs. They last longer, look brighter and are certainly safer too!
Image courtesy of Anna Gomes Photo
9. Alternative wedding cakes are always fun. Ditch the sponge for cheeses, pork pies, stacked pancakes, s’mores, huge rice pop cakes or towers of mini desserts.
Image courtesy of Koby Brown Photography
10. Set up a station to let guests jazz up their fizz. Flavoured syrups, fruits and sparkly swizzle sticks are great additions to plain bubbles.
Image courtesy of M&J Photography
11. Spend some time online, you know the Internet loves a surprise wedding dance! Get in some sneaky practice with your partner, dad or bridesmaids and then bust out your moves at the right moment.
Image courtesy of Fiona Kelly Photography
12. If your four-legged friend is a big part of your life, then why not let bring them along too? Dogs wearing flower collars are possibly the cutest things ever. (Don’t believe us, just click here.)
Image courtesy of Beres Events
13. Don’t forget to bring some fun to non-alcoholic drinks. Ice cubes that contain frozen fruits or flower petals make even a jug of tap water look fantastic.
Image courtesy of A Pair and a Spare
14. Piñatas have to be near the top on any list of fun wedding ideas. Fill them with treats and sweets and then see who can crack it open (once they’ve been blindfolded and spun around of course!)
Image courtesy of Carter & Cook Event
15. Balloons make the best props for fun wedding photos. Take a look at our Pinterest board for ideas of how to use them and get rid of any photography nerves you might have.
Image courtesy of Bubblegum Balloons
16. We all loved paper fortune tellers when we were at school so use them at your wedding. Print your order of the day or menu on them and let your guests discover what’s inside.
Image courtesy of Alchemy Hour Designs
17. Converse have become bridal favourites but personalised Converse take the trend to a whole new level. Have them embellished with your married name or wedding date.
Image courtesy of Pinterest
18. Ask you guests to include a song request when they send back their RSVP. Pass everything to your DJ for the ultimate personalised playlist.
Image courtesy of Emmy Designs
19. When it comes to fun wedding ideas, anything that’s a bit out of the ordinary will always be a big hit. How about serving up a midnight feast to guests? Roll out your favourite snacks and fuel everyone up for a late night party.
Image courtesy of Magnolia Studios Photography
20. Temporary tattoos are great fun at weddings. You can set up your own tattoo table or hire in a company to apply custom designed tattoos to your lucky guests.
Image courtesy of Bespoke Bride