Your bridesmaids are your best friends. They’re the ones that you’ve chosen to be by your side on your wedding day. You love them to bits and can’t imagine getting married without them. But, what happens if one of your girl squad is expecting on your wedding day? What should a pregnant bridesmaid wear? Here’s our guide to the best looks and most bump-friendly bridesmaid dresses around.
Bridesmaid dresses for pregnant maids
Happily, there are now lots of bridesmaid dresses available for pregnant maids. Almost every collection includes some maternity styles so there’s plenty of choice. Retailers are always happy to advise on sizing and styling, so don’t be afraid to ask for help.
The most important thing is that your expectant bridesmaid feels fantastic. She needs a bridesmaid dress that’s comfortable, flattering and stylish too. The mix-and-match bridesmaid trend works really well here. With every maid wearing something different, your pregnant bridesmaid can wear what works best without feeling awkward.
Styles to suit every maid and every wedding
Designer Seraphine is a great place to start looking at maternity bridesmaid dresses and you’ll be absolutely spoilt for choice. Their range of designs is huge so you can be sure you’ll find something that will suit your maid and your wedding style.
A shorter cocktail gown would be perfect for a relaxed summer wedding and look for a gown with side zips and discreet stretch panels to give a great fit. The longer gowns suit a more formal or winter wedding and the embellished bridesmaid dresses from Seraphine are stylish and practical.
Choosing dresses for your bridesmaids should always be fun so look for designers that give you plenty of options. Tiffany Rose, For Her & For Him and even ASOS all have brilliant selections of dresses for pregnant bridesmaids.
Top tips for dressing pregnant bridesmaids
Before you start shopping for a super stylish maternity bridesmaid dress, here are five things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure that there’s plenty of room for the growing bump in the gown. Loose styles or wrap-around styles work really well.
2. Light fabrics are great to counter any hot flushes and a pretty wrap in winter will give your maid flexibility.
3. Don’t forget the shoes! Comfortable flats are likely to be the best option.
4. Maternity bras often have wider straps so take your bridesmaid’s lingerie into account when you’re choosing the style of dress. Strapless gowns might not be supportive enough.
5. Talk to your bridesmaid! Don’t guess what she’ll want to wear. Ask what she’ll be happy to wear and then set about searching for the perfect gown.
Don’t forget to show your bridesmaids just how much you love them with a fantastic little present. Take a look at these awesome wedding gift ideas for bridesmaids.