A little while ago, newspaper announcements, letters and phone calls were the only options available to you but now, thanks to social media, announcing your engagement is now much more fun. From ring selfies to #engaged, here are a few ideas you’re just going to love.
1. Let’s be honest, once you’re engaged, you just have to celebrate so pop open the bubbles and toast your love. Don’t forget to keep the champagne cork and then all you need to do is add the date, accessorise it with your ring and snap a photo for a super cute announcement.
Image Courtesy of Jasmine Star
2. For a twist on the now-traditional ring selfie, why not add in a mug that really gets the message across? We love this idea and let’s be honest, this mug will make you feel better over coffee every single morning!
Image Courtesy of Aniston Lane Gifts
3. If you’re already parents of a super cute fur baby, then they definitely need to get in on the engagement announcement action. A photo including paws, hands and The Ring is bound to be a social media hit.
Image Courtesy of Lauren Moffatt Photography
4. Tell everyone with a t-shirt! When you make the move from girlfriend to fiancée, you need some appropriate clothing (and we don’t just mean that engagement ring!). Get your t-shirt on and start spreading the news.
Image Courtesy of East and Willow
5. Overseas or on holiday? You just know for sure that everyone’s going to be checking out your feeds for all your photos so why not give them an iconic shot that just happens to include a sparkling engagement ring? Don’t go OTT on the hashtags either, subtle is the way to go here.
Image Courtesy of Blue Nile
6. If all the celebratory drinks have given you a bit of a headache, you need coffee and happily enough, this is a great way to announce your engagement! Speak to your barista and ask them to add something a little bit different to your takeaway coffee cup…
Image Courtesy of Cara Irwin
7. Keeping it simple is sometimes the best option because you just know that when you don’t make a fuss, everyone else will do it for you! Break out your most romantic photo, add a gorgeous one-word caption to the image and post it. Who’ll be the first friend to comment?
Image Courtesy of Apartment Photography
8. Sometimes, you really have to spell out your news so break open that Scrabble set and steal the letters that you need! This is definitely the best board game ever!
Image Courtesy of Sarah Underwood Photography
9. Of course, you don’t need to feature in your engagement announcement if you don’t want to. Get creative and keep things really simple. An ‘engaged’ bauble at Christmas or the best outdoorsy photo ever will all do the trick!
Image Courtesy of Love and Light Photography
10. Everything is made better by cake and that’s definitely true when you get engaged. OK, so you might have to plan ahead a little here to have the perfect caketopper to hand when you need it but what’s wrong with a little forward thinking? Absolutely nothing…
Image Courtesy of The Letter Loft
11. If you want to really hit everyone with a surprise, keep your news a secret until you’ve had your engagement photo shoot. An absolutely unmissable photo will make a HUGE impact and you’ll have some gorgeous images where you’ll look your absolute best.
Image Courtesy of Vicki and Erik Photography
12. Lastly, use social media to arrange a party – spread the word that you’re hosting and it’s all about your engagement. Then not only do you get to tell your friends, you also know you’re going to see them so you can all celebrate together. Perfect!
Image Courtesy of Made by Ellis
If you’ve totally fallen for the thought of adding the perfect ring photo to your social feeds, take a look at these 20 engagement ring selfies to help you announce it in style.