For a lot of us, Alice In Wonderland is more than just an enchanting book; it's something to take inspiration from. And for those of you who love it as much as we do, we thought it would be a good idea to speak to an expert about how to have the perfect Alice in Wonderland theme for your wedding.
Luckily for us, Zarn from www.aliceinweddingland.co.uk, the aficionado of all things alternative and quirky, was here to help! She's provided everything you need to give your wedding a full Wonderland makeover, but for even more unusual and unique wedding ideas, make sure you check out Zarn's site.
‘I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date,' said the rabbit all those years ago and now the Alice In Wonderland wedding theme trend is a super popular trend. And why not! It has everything from the prettiness of cupcakes and teapots, to the quirkiness of steampunk outﬁts and incredibly oversized jewellery. We love it, and brides can't get enough. So how do you theme your wedding in an Alice In Wonderland style that oozes sophistication and leaves all the tat behind? Here are the top six tips on creating your spectacular Alice In Wonderland themed wedding.
Top tips on how to create an Alice In Wonderland wedding theme
1. Choose the kind of Alice In Wonderland theme you' love the most. It may be traditional Alice, Vintage Alice or even Contemporary Alice.
2. Imagine a fantastical place that makes you deliciously happy - this will help create your styling.
3. Think about the elements of Alice In Wonderland that you love and focus on just a few of them. (This keeps the theme from becoming overdone). It may be the colours, the teapots and teacups, the pretty feminine touches or the quirkiness of surprise.
4. Choose a colour palette that matches your personality and make one of them stand out (this doesn't mean it has to be a bright colour, it can be red amongst a softer palette or pink amongst bolder colours.
5. Include one element that is ‘very' Alice. It may be the key (think invitations and table decor), it may be a ﬂuffy bunny. It's entirely up to you. Remember, it's your personality you're showcasing.
6. Utilise Alice In Wonderland imagery in your wedding stationery. It doesn't have to be boiling over the top with Alice pictures and remember less is more. Choose one of the elements you love like the heart, the ace of spades or maybe the rabbit to give your soon-to-be guests a peek into what they might expect at your wedding. Your stationery is their ﬁrst glimpse, the ﬁrst taster, so give them a little excitement. But no matter what theme you choose, stick to my golden rule and the adventure will be yours: think about you as a couple and what deﬁnes you guys as the couple you are and incorporate that into your wedding. You may be music lovers, travel lovers, home bods, no matter what theme you choose, follow this rule throughout for your perfect wedding.
So there you have it! Plenty of tips and inspiration of how to get that perfect Alice in Wonderland Wedding Theme straight from the expert.
We’re really grateful to Zarn for providing all the expert tips, make sure you stop by Alice In Weddingland for loads more great advice and ideas for adding your personality to your big day.
Still looking for more ways to incorporate a bit of magic into your wedding? Then check out Luci and Kieron’s Alice In Wonderland Wedding at the stunning Rivervale Barn and see how they made the theme look incredible!