Sending out your wedding invitations is a big moment. Posting your carefully chosen wedding stationery to your lucky guests definitely makes your wedding seem that much closer. Make a statement about your big day style and choose a unique design from our run down of the best wedding invitation ideas.
1. Read all about it! How about including your invitation as part of a personalised newspaper? You can include photos of you both, funny stories about your time together and all the information your guests will need for the day including directions, accommodation, gift list details and more.
Image courtesy of Beyond Design
2. We love balloons and wedding invitations on balloons are the best ever. Have your details printed onto a balloon (matching your colour scheme, obviously!) and then post them out, deflated, for a quirky wedding invitation.
Image courtesy of White Knot
3. Jigsaws are another great idea. Arrange for your design to be printed onto a cute little jigsaw and see which of your friends completes the puzzle first!
Image courtesy of Abbey Bindery
4. For a really unusual wedding invitation, send a tea towel! Wedding Tea Towels are just fantastic and their take on the traditional wedding invitation can’t be ignored.
Image courtesy of Wedding Tea Towels
5. If you’re a chocoholic, a chocolate bar invitation is going to be just perfect. You could have the details printed on the wrapper itself or include them inside as a ‘Golden Ticket’ for the lucky recipient.
Image courtesy of Pinterest
6. Secret wedding stationery is always a lot of fun. How about a wedding invitation that can only be read with 3D glasses?
Image coutesy of Brit + Co
7. Tie the knot invitations are just brilliant too. As your guests open the card, the knot inside tightens and the invitation is revealed.
Image courtesy of SJ Wedding Invitations
8. Themed invitations really give your guests a hint about what’s to come on the big day. Travel or cinema tickets, old style vinyl records or even mini strings of bunting can all be great designs.
Image courtesy of Wedfest
9. If you’re looking for something a little more environmentally friendly, you might like to consider online wedding invitations. The huge range from Greenvelope really set the scene for a stunning soiree.
10. Boxed wedding invitations really are special and they’re definitely a luxurious way to invite your guests to your big day. You can include little gifts, foldout photos or absolutely anything that related to your day.
Image courtesy of Exploding Box Co
11. Keeping your wedding date at the forefront of everyone’s mind is super easy if your invitation is printed on a fridge magnet!
Image courtesy of Metal Moments
12. For festival style weddings, your invitation has to be a ticket and wristband. We love ID&C where you can design yours online.
13. Remember the paper fortune-tellers you used to make at school? Well, the grown-up versions make gorgeous wedding invitations. Before The Big Day has a fab tutorial if you’d like to make your own.
14. Have you opted for a literary themed wedding? If so, wedding invitations tucked inside beautiful books or printed on bookmarks are just what you need.
Image courtesy of Wonderland Invites
15. For a quirky wedding invitation, just snuggle up in the passport photo booth with your partner! Hold up signs with the ceremony details for each snap and then send out the prints to your guests.
Image courtesy of Emmy Designs
16. When it comes to the ultimate personalised invitation, print your own. Yep, use your two thumbprints to create a heart on the invitation and you can be sure absolutely no one will ever have wedding stationery that’s quite the same.
Image courtesy of Not on the High Street
17. Use the seasons to inspire your invitations. Tuck the invitation in a chocolate egg at Easter or in a bauble for Christmas celebrations.
Image courtesy of Abbey Malcolm Press
18. Can you use your hobbies to inspire your invitations? If you’re well known foodies, write your invitation like a recipe or attach it to a map if you love the great outdoors.
Image courtesy of Sth Blue
19. Tell your story with a cool typography invitation from Once Upon. Whether your own personal love story is funny or romantic, these invitations will certainly plenty of attention.
20. Lastly, for a delicate and elegant invitation, we love laser cut designs. We know we’d be thrilled to receive one of these beauties from Oh My Dear.
Now you’ve chosen your design, you just need to decide on the wording – take a look at our guide to writing the perfect wedding invitation.