If you looking for something a little different for your wedding, then you need to know about succulents. These unusual wedding flowers are a big trend in the wedding world right now and we love them too! We’ve got ten great ideas for using succulents for a wedding right here.
Succulents wedding ideas
1. Bouquet – a bridal bouquet filled with succulents of all shapes and sizes has to be a must-have if you’ve fallen for these unusual wedding flowers. Mix shapes, sizes and colours to create a bouquet that’s as interesting as it is individual.
Image courtesy of Katie Harmsworth
2. Table decorations – there are literally thousands of ways that you can use succulents in your table decorations. Elegant, rustic, modern or traditional, succulents really can be styled any way that you choose so speak to your florist to come up with your perfect design.
Image courtesy of Jeremy Chou Photography
Image courtesy of Marcos Sanchez Photography
3. Place setting – a single succulent on each guest’s plate looks so fantastic and adds a really clean, fresh look to any table setting. Team this with succulent-filled table centres!
Image courtesy of Toby Hoogs Photography
4. Ring pillow – let your ringbearer carry a more modern alternative to the traditional white satin pillow! We absolutely adore this natural design that would be ideal for a summer wedding.
Image courtesy of Pinterest
5. Chair decorations – make your wedding ceremony a little more special by adding gorgeous decorations to the chairs that line the aisle. These decorations, featuring silvery succulents, would look great at any time of year.
Image courtesy of Nick Radford Photography
More ways to use succulents for a wedding
6. Wedding cake – we know that flowers look fabulous on wedding cakes so why not swap blooms for succulents? These gorgeous colours work so well against a softly iced cake and they add a lot of structure too.
Image courtesy of Andrew Jade Photo
7. Favours – succulents make brilliant wedding favours and they’re so easy to look after that even the least green-fingered of your guests will keep their gift alive for months after the big day!
Image courtesy of Joshua Zuckerman Photography
8. Hair adornments – if you’d prefer something less sparkly and more succulent for your bridal hair adornments then look no further! Unlike flowers, succulents won’t wilt during the day and you can choose the size and style of headpiece that you wear.
Image courtesy of Pottery Barn
9. Big letters – we’re seeing more and more weddings using big letters for decorations and with good reason. This is a brilliant way to personalise your wedding and, if you use succulents, you can make these letters yourself well before the big day.
Image courtesy of Jasmine Lee Photo
10. Buttonholes – succulents make brilliant long-lasting buttonholes for the groom and groomsmen and, as they’re a bit more robust than more traditional wedding flowers, they’ll survive plenty of hugs from elderly aunts too!
Image courtesy of Figlewicz Photography
Looking for more unusual wedding flowers? Don’t miss these quirky wedding flowers that you’ll fall in love with.