Not that long ago, wedding favours meant sugared almonds or a few chocolates. Now, couples love to give gifts that are unique, unusual and full of personality. We’ve rounded up the best wedding favour ideas for you right here so that you can give your guests brilliant wedding favours that they won’t have seen before. You can be sure that everyone will love these quirky wedding favours and they won’t get left behind!
1. Instead of giving your guests their favours during the day, how about handing them out as they’re about to head home? A midnight snack pack will be very welcome after a long day.
Image Courtesy of Elyse Hall
2. Don’t let your guests forget your wedding, even when they’re back home. Personalised coasters showing the location of your wedding venue, honeymoon destination or even the place where you met are great fun.
Image Courtesy of Chris & Adrianne Scott Photography
3. Perfect for the morning after your wedding or just as a treat at any time, coffee will always be a welcome treat.
Image Courtesy of Evermine
4. If you’re known for your love of spicy food, what could be a better wedding favour than some hot sauce? Add your favourite recipe as a great personal touch.
Image Courtesy of Something Turquoise
5. For the sweetest unique wedding favours, find a local honey producer and give your guests some delicious honey because your love is ‘meant to bee’.
Image Courtesy of Sarah & Ben
6. Who doesn’t love doughnuts? Pick up some selection packs from your local bakery and pop them in individual boxes for delicious wedding favours. Seal each box with a personalised sticker or tie them with striped string.
Image Courtesy of Neil GT Photography
7. Wedding favours can be practical too! A basket of pretty fans are perfect gifts for guests at summer weddings when the temperatures are soaring.
Image Courtesy of Laurie Bailey Photography
8. Let love grow with seed packet favours. Make them unique by including seeds from the blooms in your bouquet or even vegetables that have featured in your wedding menu.
Image Courtesy of Plain Jane
9. What could be better as a winter wedding favour than a warming fire starter? You can make your own pine cone fire starters quite easily and you’ll find simple instructions online.
Image Courtesy of Something Turquoise
10. If your friends think you’re a fabulous chef, why not opt for a foodie favour? Beautifully presented olive oils, seasonings or herb mixes are perfect.
Image Courtesy of Ruth Eilenn Photography
11. Lovers of literature really have to give books as wedding favours. Trawl through local charity shops for copies of your favourite titles and then wrap them up for guests to take.
Image Courtesy of Julia Newman Photography
12. Everyone loves a glass or two of wine from time to time so how about these unusual wedding favours? Personalised bottle stoppers are a fabulous choice!
image Courtesy of Clouds and Currents
13. Happy tears are definitely to be encouraged at weddings so pretty handkerchiefs are essential for all guests and they make wonderful wedding favours too.
Image Courtesy of Let’s Frolick Together
14. Fresh wedding favours are perfect in summer, especially when you can pick your own just before the big day. Set out little punnets of seasonal goodness for your guests to take and enjoy. You could even add seating assignments to the tags to create the freshest table plan around!
Image Courtesy of Yuri Yatel
15. Could there be anything fancier than a perfume bar? We don’t think so! Collect perfume samples or decant your favourites into little bottles for all your female guests to enjoy.
Image Courtesy of Katie Lopez Photography
16. There’s always room in the kitchen for another mug or two so collect lots of various designs to give as unusual wedding favours. Set them out on hooks attached to an old pallet and pop a tea bag or two inside as an extra treat.
Image Courtesy of Sarah Beth Photography
17. If you’ve embraced the trend for succulents at your wedding, let guests take home little potted succulents or cacti as wedding favours. These are also great doubled up as a seating plan.
Image Courtesy of Justin Demutiis Photography
18. Your guests are all part of a super exclusive club so give them badges that show them they really belong at your big day. Choose your favourite quotes, saying or jokes for these fab favours.
Image Courtesy of Jacquelyn Poussot
19. Wedding favours don’t just have to be for humans! Dog lovers amongst you might like to leave some treats for all the four-legged friends who weren’t able to attend your big day!
Image Courtesy of Tyler Nicole Photography
If you’re planning a rustic wedding, don’t miss our guide explaining how to give the perfect rustic wedding favours.