If there’s one super tasty wedding trend we just love right now, it has to be doughnut walls. Oh yes, think delicious doughnuts displayed in the most creative ways ready for your lucky guests to devour. As wedding cake alternatives go, this is something new that we really hope to see more of this year. Join us as we take a mouth-watering look at our favourite doughnut walls and be prepared to want one for your own wedding day.
1. Your doughnut wall can really bring a big pop of colour to your wedding day and, when it’s accessorised with flowers and gorgeous golden stands, you can be sure that no one will be able to miss it!
Image Courtesy of Marianne Taylor Photography
2. If you like the thought of crafting your own doughnut wall, you just need a large sheet of pegboard and some hooks. Make sure everything is super clean then dress with greenery, add a sign and don’t forget your wedding doughnuts.
Image Courtesy of River Bend Photo Studio
3. We’ve definitely got a ‘hole’ lotta love for doughnut walls and this contemporary style is just perfect.
Image Courtesy of Michelle Edgemon
4. Your doughnut wall could be an edible backdrop to a wedding cake table display too so that your guests really do have the best of both worlds. Cake AND doughnuts? What’s not to love?
Image Courtesy of Rianne Fotografie
5. Create the ultimate wedding doughnut wall and use your initials as the backboards! Again, this could be a brilliant, if slightly large, wedding DIY and you can incorporate your wedding colours too.
Image Courtesy of Gyan Gurung Photography
6. So pretty much everything looks better when it’s accessorised with fairy lights and that’s definitely true when it comes to wedding doughnuts. Surround your board with lights to really grab everyone’s attention.
Image Courtesy of Days of Chandler
7. For a really pretty wall, add little doilies behind each doughnut to create a soft, patterned look.
Image Courtesy of Etsy
8. Walls also have shelves, not just hooks so if you’re going to really go for it with your doughnut wall, why not add some shelves and stands laden with yet more wedding doughnuts?
Image Courtesy of Lisa Anne Photography
9. Don’t leave your guests guessing – let them know which flavours are which so that everyone can be sure to get their favourite.
Image Courtesy of Troy Grover Photography
10. A super cute little sign will get everyone in the mood for more! Create your own, find a template online or speak to your stationer to see if they can create something for your that works with your wedding day stationery.
Image Courtesy of My Wedding Reception Ideas
11. For a modern doughnut wall, work the geometric trend with a bold font and half-painted wall. Asymmetric florals and foliage complete this look perfectly.
Image Courtesy of D’s Moments
12. Doughnut walls don’t have to be huge so if you’re planning a more intimate wedding day, simply scale it down and keep it pretty.
Image Courtesy of The Merry Thought
13. A doughnut wall is definitely a fun addition to your wedding day so make it even brighter with giant balloons and a tassel garland.
Image Courtesy of Kaity Brawley Photography
14. If you’re not sure what flavours to go for, keep it classic with a doughnut wall that’s packed with sugar-glazed doughnuts because you just know everyone loves these!
Image Courtesy of Salty Donut
15. Once your wedding table plan has done its job for the day, reuse the stand to display your doughnuts! Now that’s the kind of wedding recycling we REALLY like!
Image Courtesy of Etsy
If you’re looking for a wedding cake that’s right on-trend and deliciously modern then you’re going to love these marble wedding cakes. It’s time to indulge!