Don’t miss these truly amazing places to propose in London!
Choosing exactly the right location for your proposal is a super important task. You’ll always remember where you were when you got engaged so you need the perfect backdrop. We’re heading into London right now as we seek out the very best spots for London wedding proposals in the company of wedding photographer, Amanda Karen.
Where to propose in London
If you’re looking to ask ‘will you marry me?’ in a truly dreamy location, you’re spoilt for choice in London. Amanda knows the capital inside out, having worked on engagement shoots and weddings in every corner of the city. Here are her favourite spots that would be just gorgeous for your London engagement.
“There are so many gorgeous parks in London, especially in the spring when the trees are full of cherry blossom and the wisteria is blooming. I’d suggest Greenwich Park, Kew Gardens, Chiswick House and Gardens or Chelsea Physic Garden but there are so many to choose from. How romantic is a picnic in the park or a quiet walk among the flowers?”
If green spaces are your thing, don’t forget the beauty of the central London parks too. St James’s Park, Green Park, Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park are all stunning at any time of year and you might find yourself becoming a bit of a tourist attraction too!
However, if you’re looking for something a little more contemporary, Amanda has some more advice.
“For more of the city vibe, how about one of the many gorgeous rooftop gardens of restaurants? Sky Garden, Madison’s (overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral) and Duck & Waffle all spring to mind. It’s worth bearing in mind that these places book up in advance and can be busy, especially in the summer so these spots might not suit spontaneous proposals!”
“There are also the classic London landmarks and these can be totally romantic if you time it right. Places like Trafalgar Square and St Paul’s Cathedral are much quieter in the evening or even first thing in the morning. Or take a walk through Covent Garden and find your dream location.”
More ideas for London wedding proposals
Still not sure where to pop the question? Here are even more ideas that might work for you.
- If you’re Harry Potter fans, King’s Cross Station would be a magical location!
- Propose over a quintessential afternoon tea. The Ritz, Palm Court at The Langham or Claridges would be suitably special.
- Art aficionados or lovers of history should head to one of London’s best museums to propose. There are plenty to choose from!
- Columbia Road Flower Market would definitely provide a picture-perfect backdrop!
- If art deco is your thing, then the stunning interiors at Quaglino’s will set your heart racing (and don’t forget the cocktails!)
- For beauty, history and even some space and tranquillity, take a look at one of properties belonging to the National Trust or English Heritage.
Once you’re engaged, it’s time to start planning your wedding and the first thing on your list should be to choose your wedding venue. If you love London, you’ll adore our selection of amazing London wedding venues.
All Images courtesy of Amanda Karen Photography.