If you’re planning a summer wedding then don’t miss our suggestions for the best summer wedding dresses around!
We love summer weddings and we absolutely adore summer wedding dresses too. There are so many gorgeous designs to choose from right now and the collections of 2019 wedding dresses are packed with amazing gowns. If you’re planning a summer wedding and you’re about to shop for your dress, this is the feature for you. Not only have we chosen our favourite summer wedding dresses but we’re also sharing some great advice to make choosing your gown an absolute breeze. Come on in and let’s fall in love with summer right now.
Image courtesy of Studio Rouge
Choosing a dress for your summer wedding
Choosing your wedding dress is a big moment in your wedding planning journey. It’s really important that when you’re shopping, you think about the season of your wedding as well as the style of your day. Here are some top tips if you’re about to start the search for your summer wedding dress:
- On hot days, natural fabrics will keep you cool. Silk is actually one of the best fabrics for summer months as it’s breathable so will keep you cool.
- Avoid dresses with lots of layers or gowns with super tight bodices. These will definitely make you feel the heat on warm days.
- Similarly, avoid tight fitting gowns such as mermaid styles. Softer, looser styles will be much more comfortable.
- If you really love the thought of a big skirt or a princess style gown, go for it! A soft hoop in the skirt of your dress will let the air circulate and keep you cool as well as making it easy for you to walk and move around.
- Lace is a great choice for your summer wedding but just make sure that you opt for a light lace such as Chantilly rather than a heavier version which could be very warm.
- Think about a short dress because these are definitely a cooler option on hot days. You’re less likely to overheat with a higher hemline.
- The summer weather can be very unpredictable so opt for a dress that you can add layers too if you need to wrap up warm. Think about a bridal bolero, wrap or even a chunky cardigan or cool leather jacket.
Our favourite 2019 summer wedding dresses
There are so many stunning 2019 wedding dresses in the current bridal collections but here are our favourites for a summer wedding:
The loose-fitting top and light lace skirt on the Maeve dress from Indiebride London is a perfect 2019 summer wedding dress.
Image courtesy of Indie Bride London
Needle & Thread’s tiered cami bridal gown is a great for summer. The tulle skirt has lots of movement and the embellishments will definitely catch the summer sun.
Image courtesy of Needle & Thread
Australian designer Anna Campbell is the queen of the beautiful boho gown and her collection of 2019 wedding dresses is a dream. Sorrento would be our pick for summer.
Image courtesy of Anna Campbell
For a quintessential bridal look, Charlotte Balbier’s Lullaby gown is just perfect. A tulle skirt and a sweetheart neckline combine with fab floral embroidery to create an incredibly pretty dress.
Image courtesy of Charlotte Balbier
The fit-and-flare styling of Honor from Willowby by Watters is ideal for summer. Unlined tulle and floral lace are the perfect combo for warmer days.
Image courtesy of Willowby by Watters
And don’t forget the high street when you’re looking for your summer wedding dress. We love the floral embellishments and light skirt on this Phase Eight gown at John Lewis.
Image courtesy of John Lewis
Choosing your dress is just the first step on your wedding dress journey. Your gown will need to be adjusted so it fits you perfectly and here’s everything you need to know about your wedding dress fitting.